Aby zacząć test od nowa, kliknij przycisk "Reset":
1. Juan___________ in the library
A. is study
C. is studying
D. are studying
2. Alicia, __________ the windows please. It's too hot in here.
D. will opened
3. The movie was __________ the book.
B. as good
C. good as
D. as good as
4. Eli's hobbies include jogging, swimming, and __________.
A. to climb mountains
B. climb mountains
C. to climb
D. climbing mountains
5. Mr. Hawkins requests that someone _________ the data
by fax immediately.
D. to send
6. Who is ____________ , Marina or Sachiko?
D. the tallest
7. The concert will begin ________ fifteen minutes.
8. I have only a ________ Christmas cards left to write.
9. Each of the Olympic athletes ____________ for months,
A. have been training
B. were training
C. has been training
D. been training
10. Maria __________ never late for work.
11. The company will upgrade _________ computer information systems next month.
12. Cheryl likes apples, _________ she does not like oranges.
13. You were ____________ the New York office before 2 p.m.
A. suppose call
B. supposed to call
C. supposed calling
D. supposed call
14. When I graduate from college next June, I _____________
a student here for five years.
A. will have been
B. have been
C. has been
D. will have
15. Ms. Guth _________ rather not invest that money in the
A. has to
Wybierz to podkreślone słowo lub zwrot, które jest niepoprawne.
1. The majority to the news is about violence or
2. Takeshi swimmed one hundred laps in the pool yesterday.
3. When our vacation, we plan to spend three days
4. Mr. Feinauer does not take critical of his work very well.
5. Yvette and Rinaldo send e-mail messages to other often.
6. Mr. Olsen is telephoning a American Red Cross for
7. I had a enjoyable time at the party last night.
8. The doctor him visited the patient's parents.
9. Petra intends to starting her own software business
in a few years.
10. Each day after school, Jerome run five miles.
11. He goes never to the company softball games.
12. Do you know the student who books were stolen?
13. Jean-Pierre will spend his vacation either in Singapore
nor the Bahamas.
14. I told the salesman that I was not interesting in buying
the latest model.
15. Frederick used work for a multinational corporation
when he lived in Malaysia.
A. used work
D. lived in
1. The rate of ___________ has been fluctuating wildly
2. The bus ___________ arrives late during bad weather.
A. every week
3. Do you ____________ where the nearest grocery store is?
4. Jerry Seinfeld, the popular American comedian, has his audiences
A. putting too many irons in the fire
B. keeping their noses out of
C. rolling in the aisles
D. going to bat for someone
5. The chairperson will ____________ members to the subcommittee.
6. The critics had to admit that the ballet ______________
7. Peter says he can't ___________ our invitation
to dinner tonight.
8. We were __________ friends in that strange but magical country.
D. in addition to
9. The hurricane caused ____________ damage to the city.
10. Many cultures have special ceremonies to celebrate a person's _________ of
passage into adulthood.
Directions to Erik's house
Leave Interstate 25 at exit 7S. Follow that road (Elm Street) for two miles. After one
mile, you will pass a small shopping center on your left. At the next set of traffic
lights, turn right onto Maple Drive. Erik's house is the third house on your left. It's
number 33, and it's white with green trim.
1. What is Erik's address?
A. Interstate 25
B. 2 Elm Street
C. 13 Erika Street
D. 33 Maple Drive
2. Which is closest to Erik's house?
A. the traffic lights
B. the shopping center
C. exit 7S
D. a greenhouse
Date: May 16, 1998
To: Megan Fallerman
From: Steven Roberts
Subject: Staff Meeting
Please be prepared to give your presentation on the monthly sales figures at our
upcoming staff meeting. In addition to the accurate accounting of expenditures for the
monthly sales, be ready to discuss possible reasons for fluctuations as well as possible
trends in future customer spending. Thank you.
3. The main focus of the presentation will be ______________.
A. monthly expenditures
B. monthly salary figures
C. monthly sales figures
D. staff meeting presentations
4. Who will give the presentation?
A. the company president
B. Megan Fallerman
C. Steven Roberts
D. future customers
The B&B Tour
Spend ten romantic days enjoying the lush countryside of southern England. The counties
of Devon, Dorset, Hampshire, and Essex invite you to enjoy their castles and coastline,
their charming bed and breakfast inns, their museums and their cathedrals. Spend lazy days
watching the clouds drift by or spend active days hiking the glorious hills. These fields
were home to Thomas Hardy, and the ports launched ships that shaped world history. Bed and
breakfasts abound, ranging from quiet farmhouses to lofty castles. Our tour begins August
15. Call or fax us today for more information 1-800-222-XXXX. Enrollment is limited, so
please call soon.
5. Which of the following counties is not included in the tour?
6. How many people can go on this tour?
B. an unlimited number
D. a limited number
7. What can we infer about this area of southern England?
A. The region has lots of vegetation.
B. The coast often has harsh weather.
C. The sun is hot and the air is dry.
D. The land is flat.
Anna Szewcyzk, perhaps the most popular broadcaster in the news media today, won the
1998 Broadcasting Award. She got her start in journalism as an editor at the Hollsville
County Times in Missouri. When the newspaper went out of business, a colleague
persuaded her to enter the field of broadcasting. She moved to Oregon to begin a master's
degree in broadcast journalism at Atlas University. Following graduation, she was able to
begin her career as a local newscaster with WPSU-TV in Seattle, Washington, and rapidly
advanced to national television. Noted for her quick wit and trenchant commentary, her
name has since become synonymous with Good Day, America! Accepting the award at the
National Convention of Broadcast Journalism held in Chicago, Ms. Szewcyzk remarked,
"I am so honored by this award that I'm at a total loss for words!" Who would
ever have believed it?
8. What is the purpose of this announcement?
A. to invite people to the National
Convention of Broadcast Journalism
B. to encourage college students to
C. to recognize Ms. Szewcyzk's
D. to advertise a job opening at the Hollsville
9. The expression "to become synonymous with" means
A. to be the same as.
B. to be the opposite of.
C. to be in sympathy with.
D. to be discharged from.
10. What was Ms. Szewczyk's first job in journalism?
A. She was a T.V. announcer in
B. She was a newscaster in Oregon.
C. She was an editor for a newspaper
D. She was a talk show host in
Po udzieleniu odpowiedzi na wszystkie pytania kliknij "Oceń", by otrzymać wynik testu.
Aby rozpocząć od nowa, kliknij "Reset":